Need a replacement housing? The MG-10MCB only fits in
Pentek Microguard Housings
The MicroGuard membrane filters provide reliable bacteria and protozoan cyst reduction for safer and cleaner drinking water without incorporating chemicals into the media or adding chemicals to the filtered water. The MicroGuard carbon block membrane cartridge, MG-10MCB, is uniquely designed with integral carbon block and sediment pre-filtration for the reduction of chlorine taste and odor and for providing extended life of the internal membrane element. This cartridge has 2.5 times greater filtration surface area than some anti-microbial carbon blocks and operates at a higher flow rate with lower pressure drop. This makes the MG-10MCB ideal for Point-of-Use (POU) applications. The MicroGuard cartridges do not require USEPA registration and their effectiveness is not susceptible to common substances normally found in some waters, e.g., hydrogen sulfide (H2S), natural organic matter (NOM) and total dissolved solids (TDS).
Materials of Construction:
- Membrane: Polyethersulfone
- Membrane Assembly: Polystyrene, epoxy resin
- Carbon Pre-Filter: MG-10MCB with Fibredyne technology contains activated carbon with synthetic Polymeric fibers and binders
- O-ring Seals: EPDM
- End Caps: Top: Polystyrene, Bottom: Polypropylene
- Netting: Bottom: Polyolefin (MG-10MCB only)
Recommended Operating Conditions:
- Water Temperature Range: 40-140°F (4.4-60°C)
- Pressure Differential: 88 psi (6.1 bar), max.
- Storage Temperature Range: 35-104°F (6.0-40°C)
- pH Range: 2-12
- Operating Pressure Range: 5-88 psi (0.35-6.1 bar), max.
- Water Turbidity: < 1 NTU
- Bacteria Reduction: > 99.9999% (> 6-Log), challenged with > 50,000,000 organisms per 100 mL.
- Organism: Brevundimonas diminuta (0.2 micron in size).
- Method: Modified USEPA Guide Standard and Protocol for Water Purifiers, 1987
- Cyst Reduction: > 99.9999% (> 6-Log), challenged with > 1,000,000 microspheres per mL.
- Method: NSF/ANSI Standard 53, surrogate cyst procedure using 3.0 micron latex microspheres.
|Model||Maximum Dimensions||Absolute µm Rating||Recommended Flow Rate||Initial ΔP @ Flow||Est. Capacity*|
|MG-10MCB||10″ × 2-7/8″||0.15 µm||1 GPM||11 psid @ 1.0 GPM||200-600 gal|
|MG-10T||10″ × 2-7/8″||0.15 µm||3 GPM||13 psid @ 3.0 GPM||600-1,800 gal|
* Capacities may vary depending on local water quality, type of pre-filtration and acceptable minimum flow rate.